7 signs you should see a GI doctor in Sebastian as soon as possible.
Gastroenterology is the field of medicine that focuses on the gastrointestinal tract, which is composed of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, rectum and anus. Therefore, the illnesses, conditions and symptoms that GI doctors in Sebastian treat are varied.
It’s important to note that sometimes the symptoms of GI diseases are also present in other illnesses. Visiting a GI doctor is thus important to rule out their belonging to a gastrointestinal condition. If more than one symptom appears at the same time, it’s a strong indication that the disease originates in the GI tract.
The 7 symptoms most indicative of a gastrointestinal condition are:
• A lump in your throat/difficulty swallowing: when this doesn’t happen within a cold or flu bout, it could indicate esophagus cancer.
• Blood in your stool: red blood alongside your stool could mean hemorrhoids, while a black stool indicates a deeper problem due to bleeding in the GI tract.
• Hemorrhoids: although they are not life-threatening, they can make your life hard, especially if they are internal.
• Unexplained weight loss: this could be a sign of celiac disease or Crohn’s disease.
• Sudden tightness in clothing: on the other side of the spectrum, a sudden tightness in your clothes could be bloating. If it happens together with other GI symptoms, it could mean food allergies, reflux or gallstones.
• Excessive gas: when you pass gas too often, the odor is especially foul, or it comes along with other symptoms.
• Heartburn: if it lasts more than a few weeks, you need to have an endoscopic test to trace the source of the discomfort.
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, contact the Institute of Health & Wellness for an appointment with a GI doctor in Sebastian.
Phone: (772) 539-9556
Address: 218 SW Atlanta Ave, Stuart, FL 34994.